Henwick Primary School promotes positive attendance and punctuality at school and this remains a high priority for the Leadership and Management. The school staff and Board of Governors, alongside the Local Authority, believe that it is essential for all pupils to attend school on time and regularly and avoid any absence. Any loss of time at school can adversely affect a child’s attainment and all pupils benefit from regular school attendance.
To this end we will do all we can to encourage parents/carers to ensure that the children in their care achieve maximum possible attendance and that any problems that prevent full attendance are identified and acted on promptly.
At Henwick we believe it is also important to celebrate good attendance and punctuality which are important life skills. We celebrate attendance in the following ways:
- Weekly Attendance Cup - the three classes with the best attendance for that week are awarded with an attendance cup during the weekly celebration assembly, the winners each week will also be featured on our Facebook page.
- Class 100% weekly attendance reward - any class who achieve 100% attendance in a week will win £50, or a share of £50 should more than one class have 100% attendance in the same week. Winning classes can choose to bank or spend their prize on a healthy treat of their choice, be that an afternoon rollerblading or a picnic in the park.
- Individual reward for half term 100% attendance - certificates will be awarded to these children to celebrate their efforts.
- Individual reward for full term 100% attendance - certificates will be awarded to these children in a Celebration of Attendance assembly and they will be given a 100% attendance badge.
- Individual reward for whole year 100% attendance: all children who achieve 100% attendance for the full year will be awarded a certificate and medal in a Celebration of Attendance assembly and children will have their name entered into a prize draw to win a special prize!