What is the PTA?
The Parent Teacher Association of Henwick Primary School (Henwick PTA) was formed in January 2016 and is an organisation of parents/carers and school staff. We aim to support Henwick Primary School through fundraising and social events and provide closer links between the school and parents/carers.
The structure of Henwick PTA
All parents/carers and school employees are automatically members of Henwick PTA. The PTA's current elected committee consists of:
- Veronica Wagner (Chair)
- Rachael Briune (Treasurer)
- Jen Armstrong (Secretary)
- Joy Clifton (Communications Officer)
- Danielle Lane (Large Events Co-ordinator)
- Claire MacInnes (Small Events Co-ordinator)
- Marina Furlong (Ordinary Member)
What we aim to do
We plan to raise money generally through events – for example a school uniform sale, Christmas fair, cake sale...We are always looking for new fundraising ideas. We would also like to organise social events for the parents/carers to get to know each other and thereby fostering the community spirit.
How we plan to spend the money
We will always try and respond to the children’s requests; it will be great to see them having fun at the events or enjoying using a piece of new equipment that Henwick PTA will have donated. One recent wish the children expressed was to have a climbing frame in the playground; this could be our fundraising goal for the foreseeable future.
How you can help?
You are welcome to share your ideas at monthly PTA meetings which are held variably during the daytime and in the evenings to ensure that everyone can attend. You can also simply grab any of us in the playground or email HenwickPTA@outlook.com. Even half an hour of your time is a tremendous help to our community. Everyone can do their bit - helping on a stall, donating old toys or cakes for sale, helping to decorate the hall for the fair – there is plenty to do and every offer of help will be taken up.
Thank you for your support!
Did you know that you can raise money for Henwick PTA without any additional expense to yourself or your family?
If you already shop through Amazon, then you could raise money every time you shop. Amazon Smile simply donates a percentage of your purchase price directly to Henwick PTA. So far we have raised £123.
Turn on Amazon Smile today! And then get your friends and family to do it.
Watch this video to find out how:
PTA meeting minutes
- Henwick PTA Meeting Minutes 11th Nov
- Henwick PTA Meeting Minutes 4th Nov
- PTA EGM Meeting Minutes 13th October 2021
- PTA meeting minutes 31 08 2021
- PTA meeting minutes 24 03 2021
- PTA meeting minutes 17 September 2021
- PTA AGM minutes 28 04 2021
- PTA minutes zoom meeting 2020 11 09
- PTA meeting minutes 27 11 2020
- PTA meeting minutes 11 12 2020
- PTA meeting minutes 08 03 2021
- PTA meeting minutes 03 12 2020
- Meeting minutes 2019 09 30
- Meeting minutes 2019 06 27
- Meeting minutes 2019 06 20
- Meeting minutes 2019 06 06
- PTA Meeting minutes 140518
- PTA Meeting minutes 040618
- Meeting minutes 2019 05 15
- Meeting minutes 2019 03 18
- 030419 Meeting minutes
- PTA Meeting minutes 300418
- Meeting minutes 2018 03 19
- Meeting minutes 18 03 05
- Meeting minutes 160418
- PTA minutes 190218
- PTA minutes 090118
- PTA minutes 050617
- PTA minutes 050218
- Meeting minutes 110917
- AGM minutes 2018 02 21
- PTA Minutes 290416
- PTA minutes 270217
- PTA minutes 240417
- PTA Minutes 200516
- PTA minutes 150517
- PTA Minutes 090516
- PTA Minutes 260216
- PTA Minutes 251115
- PTA Minutes 220416
- PTA Minutes 140416
- PTA AGM minutes 280116